Friday, May 24, 2013

Burn the Bridge, Bet the Store

I'm so pleased with the new look of my blog that I keep wanting to come back here and write things.

Maybe this will become a habit?

Since making my school decision, I have put some things in motion - and begun creatively avoiding others. The same day that I posted my Seattle plans on Facebook, I was contacted by one of my PCPA classmates, Allie. Being a recent graduate of Cornish herself, she had decided to stay in Seattle for awhile, and was looking for a new roommate. I am THRILLED that I definitely won't be apartment hunting all by my lonesome, and I feel very comfortable in the assertion that living with Allie will not suck at all.

However -

Guys, finding a reasonably priced, pet friendly two bedroom apartment in a desirable area of Seattle (even using the term reasonably priced loosely) is a little harder than I thought it was going to be. We've still got some time before we have to nail anything down, and we've both been scouting places daily, but damn.

On the other hand, I have been carefully procrastinating when it comes to:

A) Arranging my financial aid

which entails both calling the Financial Aid Department at Cornish and starting to do heavy research on student loans, and

B) Calling Cornish about my Transfer Credits, and options for fulfilling the boatload of GE that I need to complete.

Now, to be fair, I have a real, full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:30am - 5pm job, which includes a measly half-hour lunch, and that makes it easy to justify the procrastination difficult to squeeze in a lot of personal phone calls, but there are a lot of questions that need answering in order to plan the next two years of my life, and at some point, I have to stop being lazy about getting the ball rolling.

It is still yet to be seen whether Z and the puppy will be joining me on this adventure, a factor will be almost singularly influenced by Z's ability to find good work in Seattle. As such, Allie and I will be doing our best to find an apartment that can easily and comfortably (if a little cozily - the budget will only stretch so far) fit three, and if magic happens and he finds a job soon enough that we can plan with a three person budget, all the better.

1 comment:

  1. You should just live in Frasier's old place. He moved to San Francisco during the series finale.

    ReplyDelete